ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Making URIs from locations
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 14:01:33 GMT
I'm +1 for not overloading <property>.

I also like Stefan's syntax the best from the different proposals, I'd just
drop the set prefix to have simply:

<uri property="x" location="build.xml"/>
<uri property="x" resource="com/lgc/buildmagic/tasks.properties"/>
<uri property="x" resource="com/lgc/buildmagic/tasks.properties">
  <classpath ...>
<uri>
<uri property="x" url="http://www.apache.org/"/>

Note the change to resource (from resources) to be consistent with <taskdef>
/ <available>. I assume the url attribute's signature would be
setUrl(URL url). --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 3:33 AM
To: dev@ant.apache.org
Subject: Making URIs from locations

... about a new attribute to <property> that would set the property to
the URI of a file that get's resolved relative to basedir.

[DD] ...

What do others think of this?  Maybe we shouldn't add yet another
attribute but a complete new task?

<seturi property="x" location="build.xml"/>
<seturi property="x"
        resources="org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/defaults.properties"/>
<seturi property="x" url="http://www.apache.org/"/>

Stefan