ant-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: having datatypes load classes
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:08:41 GMT
Provided patch under bugzilla 18906
- ended up being ClasspathUtil.java
- added the newInstance idea as well

I need to get on with the show first now, but like to refactor
other parts of ant where similar cut/paste code might be
lingering (for sure o.a.t.a.taskdefs.Definer is candidate)

Hope to be adding that patch early next week, although answers on
this part of the thread might make me see how pointless that is:

>> We'll probably need both to address all needs, yes.  Please note that
>> CVS HEAD is going to drop Java 1.1 compatibility, so some changes in
>> the whole classloader area are to be expected.
>>

> could you elaborate,
> and maybe be explicit on how this can affect my doing ATM?
> I just encountered enough reason to ditch my 1.5.x and go for CVS HEAD
> to add this to, so I am interested...

regards,
-marc=