ant-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Craeg K Strong <>
Subject [PATCH] Fix for XMLCatalog for EntityResolver from document() function
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 06:09:29 GMT

Attached please find a fix for <xmlcatalog>

This is for a certain boundary condition that I originally failed to test.

it was not properly setting the EntityResolver on a _new_ XML parser
instance spawned in response to an XSLT document() function in the
case where the URI being resolved was not present in the <xmlcatalog>
as an entry.


It was a 6 line change.

The first thing I did was add a new test for this condition:

(The original inherits from TestCase;
this one inherits from BuildFileTest.  We need 'em both :-)

The new test fails with the old code.

The new test succeeds with the new code.

The test makes use of several ancillary files, which I have put
in src/etc/testcases/types, including a buildfile "xmlcatalog.xml"
which can also be run by hand (see -projecthelp)

Because the new test makes use of the <style> task,
I put the proper <exclude> directives in build.xml for it.

I tested this with xalan/saxon/no-xslt on both Linux and win32.

Everything is in the zip.

Thanks to Christian for pointing this out, and to Erik for
cc-ing me on the message! (I don't subscribe to ant-user)



View raw message