ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant-myrmidon/buildtools/src/java/org/apache/myrmidon/build AntTypeTagHandler.java
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 23:58:04 GMT
On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 21:42, adammurdoch@apache.org wrote:
> adammurdoch    2002/06/11 04:42:00
>
>   Modified:    buildtools/src/java/org/apache/myrmidon/build
>                         AntTypeTagHandler.java
>   Log:
>   - Use NameUtil to determine property names.
>   - Added a few role related tags.

BTW what I wanted to do but didn't get around to doing was attempting to
generate shortnames for types auotmagically. The way I would do this is

if name specified then use that else autogenerate name.

The name generated would basically be the xml style name for object sans the
"type" extension if it exists. So for tasks you would strip the "Task"
postfix and then xmlize the name. This would be done for all different types.
In cases where we have explicit tags for type (ie @ant.data-type, ant.task,
ant.converter) we already know the type.

For generic types marked with @ant.type we would guess it based on the role=""
attribute.

So in most cases you should not need to specify name (unless the same type is
registered as multiple roles or something).

Thoughts?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
The phrase "computer literate user" really means the person
has been hurt so many times that the scar tissue is thick
enough so he no longer feels the pain.
   -- Alan Cooper, The Inmates are Running the Asylum