ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/extension Extension.java
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 06:28:49 GMT
On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> wrote:

> What I would prefer was that you had answered my question when I
> asked it initially

Then I must have missed that question, sorry.

I vaguely recall that you talked about depending on stuff from
excalibur, and I didn't think that would be different from depending
on stuff from BCEL.

> rather than waiting till I already done work and committed That
> would have been a little more considerate.

I don't expect you to revert any of the work you've done.

All that I wanted to say is that *I* won't do what your warning
expects me to do if I see a reason to change the class - and I'd
really prefer if you'd remove the WARNING completely.

Why are you duplicating the code instead of making it a binary
dependency on the appropriate excalibur part?

Stefan