ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/filters BaseFilterReader.java
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:44:54 GMT
> jskeet      02/04/24 02:42:29
>
>   Modified:    src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/filters
> BaseFilterReader.java
>   Log:
>   Fixed up JavaDocs, improved efficiency of readLine.

I noticed a couple of oddities when fixing this up:

o readLine doesn't do the "normal" thing of coping with \r, \n or \r\n. It does, however,
include the '\n' in the string, which is probably correct given usage.

o The no-arg constructor claims to be there just for Ant's introspector: when does Ant's introspector
actually *need* this? What would break if we got rid of it? Ant shouldn't be trying to create
any instances of this anyway, as it's abstract.

Jon