ant-dev mailing list archives

From "GOMEZ Henri" <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: [JPackage-devel] RE: RPMs
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 08:15:51 GMT
>> If you ship scripts that are different from ours, we cannot support
>> people that have problems with yours (no matter whether this has
>> happened in the past or not).

>Sure, and you don't have to neither :-)

Stephan speak about jakarta rpm, not jpackage rpm.
The latest version of jakarta ant 1.4.1 (-3) rpm use an updated version
of the ant script from ant 1.5 cvs and if this script is commited in
ant cvs it will be easier for rpm packagers (and may be also debian's)

>> I'd urge you to do this together with ant-dev.  We've been talking
>> about splitting optional.jar into several pieces ourselves.  If you
>> and we split it into different pieces or only use different names for
>> these pieces, we'd be totally confusing out users.
>Actually, we would like to split optional task such as:
>- each of these jar should depends on the fewest external libs possible
>- each of these jar should have constant content

I'll track more closely ant-dev (I've got a piece of code I'd like to
propose for addition in ant 1.5, a translator task ;)