ant-dev mailing list archives

From stephan beal <step...@wanderinghorse.net>
Subject Re: property expansion: expected behaviour?
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:24:05 GMT
On Wednesday 24 April 2002 17:08, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> Again, we're back to you're doing things in XML element text data which is
> not really recommended because you lose the "structure" that XML imposes
> and then cannot XSLT to your build files as easily, etc.  But you like
> doing things the hard way!  :)

(i can't disagree with any of that.)

Is there a specific reason that ant will leave undeclared vars alone but will
wipe out any $'s it finds? That's the part i don't understand - it seems
horribly inconsistent, like saying, "well, this might be mine but i won't
touch it, but i'll quite happily touch your data, since i know it's not
mine."

----- stephan
stephan@einsurance.de - http://www.einsurance.de
Office: +49 (89)  552 92 862 Handy:  +49 (179) 211 97 67
"I didn't give in to the Nazis and I won't give in to the bladder."
- The Queen Mum