ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/extension Extension.java
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:49:56 GMT
On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:32, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> if I need to fix a bug in one of these classes, I'm
> going to fix it.  I cannot do this in excalibur...

Exactly why can't you do this in excalibur? Usually when I find a bug in a
library I drop a note on mailing list or into bugzilla and it gets fixed. I
am not sure why this process seems to offend so many people or why people
believe they have to have direct access to CVS repos to fix anything.

If you have ever had *any* problem contributing to it then tell me and I will
fix it. However you have never indicated any problem and as far as I am aware
of never made any attempt to contribute.

> > I want users to have this work out of the box without going through
> > uglies to get it working.
>
> <taskdef> is an ugly?

No but classloaders are. I get sick of explaining to people why
junit/jdepend/other jars need to be placed inside ant/lib for the task to
work and so forth.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald