ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Apologies and different offer of help...
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:27:59 GMT
--- Jon Skeet <jon.skeet@peramon.com> wrote:
> However, I do often have half an hour at a time, or so. I'd be more than
> willing to try to go through every class in Ant (or at least those I can
> easily compile - I'm happy to put a few optional libraries here and
> there, but nothing too elaborate!) and check for fields and methods
> which aren't commented - work out what it looks like they do, and
> document them.
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1) Do people think this would actually be helpful?

I for one would jump for joy -- comments are a Very Good Thing, and
something I find severely lacking in nearly all the Java code I've looked
at (I guess the idea is it's supposed to be "self-documenting"? -- but it
sure doesn't do that for me). The best project I ever worked on was one
where nothing but comments were written in all the "source" files before
we ever wrote a line of code -- when it came time to slot the actual code
in, it was a piece of cake (well, a very complex cake, but still... :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)