ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Update to Sandbox/antlib
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:14:43 GMT
From: "Peter Donald" <peter@apache.org>

> On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 03:07, Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:
> > Proxys need to be there also (optionally) so that we
> > can do what TaskAdapter does AND more importantly, try
> > to solve the type inconsistency issue between
> > TaskContainers and Datatypes that now is solved by
> > accident.
>
> Blech - dont like adapters at all. I guess we can chalk this up to ant1.x
> legacy but it still feels ungainly to me :( I would prefer we just ignore the
> DataTypes inconsistency and just try not to introduce anymore inconsistencies.

We still have TaskAdapter which converts beans into Tasks. So the concept
is still there, and given the rules of ANT1 is there to stay :(

> No I was more thinking that you could grab a FileSet object, add a new
> pattern to it and this new pattern would appear in parent project. That makes
> me feel icky. I guess this is already possible with inheriting datatypes via
> ant/antcall - yuck. Hmm we haven't released that maybe we should consider
> zapping support for it ? :)

Oh, I have not muck around with the properties and references symbol tables,
those could be next :) I am just talking about taskdef and typedef registries.

And you are right, given the current (old) <ant> it could be mutated.

Jose Alberto