ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SUBMIT] Refactor & combination of mail tasks
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 14:56:10 GMT
From: "Stephane Bailliez" <sbailliez@apache.org>

*  Doctor: A person who kills your ills by pills,  *
*  and then kills you with his bills.              *

> There is no point in exagerating patch support.
> It's not like a mission critical app., and we
> don't have to accept everything to make a kitchen
> sink just to please everybody. If someone sent a
> patch and that's a blocker, than she is using a
> workaround or a patched version. If someone sent
> a task then she is using that task already. That's
> not because we make it in build v 02/02/2002 rather
> than v1.5 final that it will change anything.
> However it must be in 'final'.

Clearly, we are coming from two different schools
of thought here.  IMHO, the earlier we commit the
patches (the good ones only, of course), the more time
we have it to be tested out.  Patching things just
before a release is too risky, I feel.  Ideal time to be
patching, is, as Pete once mentioned, right after a
release.

> Stephane

Cheers,
Magesh