ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Delete task is EVILEVILEVIL!!!
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 07:03:42 GMT
Well I saw the comments you made about hangovers, and maybe you should be
emailing pinot-grigot-users-L to complain about their product, rather than
delete.

I think you are right though, it is quite a brutal task. But since I had to
rebuild a notebook two weeks ago from a toasted HDD, I know that these
things happen. That particular NB had nothing on there that wasnt backed up
somehow or other. Even my home stuff is stored in CVS on unix, isolating me
from NTFS and its 'has been known to corrupt drives with software bugs'
feature.

Couldnt see a recovery tool on sysinternals, just a comment about NTFS
deletion does just scrub the file entry in the table :
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/sdelete.shtml

-steve

reminds me of the time on a unix cluster where someone else did an rm -rf
/bin by accident, the rest of the cluster users (8 or so) immediately jumped
up when they suddenly got error messages like "ls: not found"...