ant-dev mailing list archives

From thomas.che...@ascentialsoftware.com
Subject RE: concat task WAS: RE: copy task with merge mapper bug?
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2001 22:14:58 GMT
I am not sure to understand the "you are forced to externalize something".
When each file to concat are explicitly named (not through a search
pattern), we can enforce the order.
When a patternset is used, it can behave like a DOS or Unix shell will do
(like what an "ls ./*/*" will do, by width and alphabetical order), since
this what will append if I do a cat ./*/* in a Makefile or shell script.
Make sense?

Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephane Bailliez [mailto:sbailliez@imediation.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2001 5:20 AM
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: concat task WAS: RE: copy task with merge mapper bug?

[...]
> What you expecteded it to do is something that wouldn't really fit
> into my picture of a copy task, more something like a new <concat>
> task or similar.

So, is it worth adding this task to the core ?
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=97942383311788&w=2

I'm still not sure how to deal with order.
As a fileset as no guarantee about order, this not so good for many uses and
a filelist can be nice but not that flexible, as you are forced to
externalize something (using echo ?)

I don't think we can use 'path' as I feel the semantic somewhat different
but I'm not so sure...

Any suggestions ?

Stephane