ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IntrospectionHelper questions
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2001 11:19:44 GMT
On Sun, 16 Dec 2001 23:55, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> > At the moment I am actually going through and refactoring this stuff in
> > preparation for Ant2 - but thats largely because we don't need to
> > maintain
> > any backwards compatability there.
>
> No backwards compatability?

yeppo !

> Sounds fantastic.  Need a hand?

hell yes! I am currently working out of proposal/myrmidon but it is going to
be fairly dynamic/hectic for the time being (starting to reintegrate ant1
stuff into myrmidon). However if you want to have a look and lend a hand feel
free to.

The main "API" for tasks is in org.apache.myrmidon.api.* - theres a few
changes that still need to be made to it (decouple a bit from Avalon, remove
the JavaVersion stuff etc). But it is mostly stable.

Theres other APIs sitting around in there that you may want to have a look at
and they enable you to embed ant, modify registered tasks etc However they
are fairly fine grained (and thus a little complex). When it gets closer to
being digestable by the public a simple facade needs to be created so that
mere mortals can grok it without too much hassle.

If you want to have a go at it you may want to try to port across ant1.xs
IntrospectionHelper so that the DefaultConfigurator uses it. Currently
DefaultConfigurator does not cache any reflection data and is thus a bit slow
;)

--
Cheers,

Pete