ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Source code Audit / Clean up
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 13:20:07 GMT
Stephane,

Can we wait for the 1.4 release to finish? I don't want to do this on the
1.4 Branch and it will make the merge back to the main branch more
difficult. Nothing I couldn't handle, I believe, but not really something
we have to do now. I think we have a lot of work after 1.4 release to go
through the patches that have been coming in and that would be the best
time to do this cleanup.

Cheers
Conor

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephane Bailliez" <sbailliez@imediation.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2001 10:50 PM
Subject: Source code Audit / Clean up

I expect to do some big cleanup this week end on the source code unless I'm
notified not to do so.

This will(ok, should) not have any impact on the source code integrity.

- Clean up duplicate or unnecessary imports on source code.

- Replace * import by explicit imports

- Put single if/then/for/while statement enclosed in a block. That is:
if (xxxx)
 statement();

will be replaced by:

if (xxxx) {
 statement();
}

this is to avoid:
if (xxxxx)
  statement1();
  statement2();

Which can be more than misleading in a debug session if you are not looking
at this from a different perspective.

All this will be done automatically.

If you are OK with this...just express yourself :)
to do in ANT_14_BRANCH ?

--
 St├ęphane Bailliez
 Software Engineer, Paris - France