ant-dev mailing list archives

From "David Mcveigh" <dmcve...@paradigmone.com.au>
Subject Desirable modification to the VSS tasks?
Date Tue, 22 May 2001 07:05:22 GMT
hi,
    I'm new to the list.. I was wondering if this would be a desirable
modification to the VSS tasks (well I guess it is desirable because I'm
using it already...):

At the moment the VSS tasks will only work when the SSDIR environment
variable is set so that the ss command knows where to find the srcsafe.ini
file. What I think would be a good modification is to add an extra parameter
to the VSS tasks to set the SSDIR environment variable when a VSS task is
executed, this way a user can define which VSS database to use via the
build.xml file instead of system properties.