Have you mentioned this to the jikes team?  It seems to be more of a problem with them then with the combination of Ant and jikes.  Have you tested this outside of ant? (i.e.: try to run jikes with the @ option, where the filenames in the list have spaces in it.  If this test fails, then it's got nothing to do with ant, but a problem with jikes.)

JDGlanville