ant-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Padilla <f...@interdimensions.com>
Subject developing Tasks, createElement, addElement ?
Date Sat, 24 Feb 2001 02:02:07 GMT

Hi.  I've been burrowing around quite a few tasks and I have this
question.

Some use the createElementName() methods, while others use
addElementName( Element ) methods.  And I am wondering what are the pros
and cons.

Like some of the code I see, they have createElementName() create and
return the element, but also have the side effect of adding it to their
internal list; i guess avoiding the addElementName() call.

What's the proper use of these methods (ie description or tutorial).  Or
which class actually handles introspecting and calling these methods? ( so
i can figure out myself )

I really hope I'm making sense.

fern