ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@boldfish.com>
Subject Overriding default Target conditionals
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:25:57 GMT
Is there any planned support to allow the Target class to be more dynamic,
like Task?  I am wondering because I would like to modify the conditonals so
that they can take an expression (via BSF) rather than just detect if a
property is set or not.

It looks like I currently need to modify ProjectHelper to do this.  Or
perhaps I am missing something.

I guess along those lines would it be possible to modify the field/method
modifiers for the current tasks to protected from private.  I have run into
a few situations where I needed to add a small change to one of the tasks,
but they had private fields which I needed to modify, or private methods
which I needed to call, so I had to duplicate the entire task.

--jason