ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Wilkinson <swilkin...@NETdelivery.com>
Subject RE: Who's using Ant?
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 18:04:07 GMT
My 2 cents...

We are converting to it now.  It's a J2EE project using iPlanet6.0 with
either MS-SQL Server or Oracle database.  We converted from a batch file
system to Ant because we are not deploying on Unix boxes.  Rather than write
those other build files (make) we decided on Ant.

I used ant at another startup about 4 months ago.  I'm not sure if they are
still using it.

FYI, it easier to start a new project using ant than to convert an existing
build procedure to use ant.  I say this because other build processes
typically make use of additional scripts.  Sometimes you have to find work
arounds for that in ant since it does not support scripting languages such
as batch, bash, or bourne.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Kelly [mailto:kelly@ad1440.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001 8:39 AM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Who's using Ant?

Is there a registry of what projects and organizations
are using Ant?  If so, where?

If not, can I get a "show of hands" of who's using Ant
and in what capacaties?

I'm trying to get a proposal through that uses Ant, and
I need some evidence to demonstrate that this isn't a
mere flash in the pan, but a fast-becoming de facto
standard build system for Java projects.

Thanks.
--Sean