ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@ebinteractive.com.au>
Subject RE: New committer questions
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2001 22:19:46 GMT

Line endings are managed by the CVS client. If you use a windows CVS client,
you will get CRs added to text files on checkout. They will be stripped on
commit. If you use the cygwin CVS client on Windows, you will get files
without CRs and I do not believe CRs will be stripped on commit. That
happened to me, yesterday, with index.html, I think. I'll fix that in a
second.

> >   - Is setting up the SSH stuff easier to do for Unix or NT?
>
> Setting up SSH as a tunnel is easier on Unix.

I use mindterm on NT exactly as described on the Jakarta site and I think
that was pretty easy to setup.

> >   - I have Cygwin on my NT that I currently use to pull Ant from CVS,
> >     but the committer info talks about WinCVS -- do I need that,
> >     or can I continue to use the CVS I have, if I do end up working
> >     from the NT?
>
> You DO NOT need WinCVS on windoze, especially if you have Cygwin,
> in fact,
> I recommend against WinCVS with my people because it's a bulky GUI that
> just gets in the way of a proper understanding of CVS!

Yes, I use command line CVS (both cygwin and Windows versions) without
problems.

Conor