ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The RIGHT Direction for ANT
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2001 14:03:37 GMT
At 12:39  11/1/01 +1100, Conor MacNeill wrote:

>> So far your the only one who believes it is misguided. You are also the
>> most ignorant and have the least experience with Ant and other build
>> processes - is this telling you something ? ;) If you want to add
>> procedural elements feel free to. I doubt you will get CVS space here -
>> mainly as it is a different project from Ant - but sourceforge.org will
>> host it. I think you will find that most of these elements will be rarely
>> useful outside small builds thou.
>>

>Hmmm. Pete, I'm not really happy about this response.

sorry ;)

>Whilst I usually
>don't agree with Jason's point of view, I would defend his right to express
>it here. Let us make the arguments, discuss the points, etc, but please
>let's keep ant-dev friendly.

It wasn't meant to be unfriendly - quite the opposite in fact ;)

>Sourceforging people isn't the way to go, IMHO.

Nope - but I doubts it is going to happen with so many people against it.
So it is more a practical thing - if he wants then do it - actions speaks
louder than words - maybe the arguments will have more effect once backed
up with implementation. I am not saying go away - I know people who would
love to use the procedural parts he comes up with. However whats the point
of encouraging what I see as a dead end ? ;) I think he will end up tired
from arguing with us and thus end up not doing anything. This would be a
shame.

Cheers,

Pete