ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The RIGHT Direction for ANT
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2001 06:03:24 GMT
At 11:34  9/1/01 -0500, Jason Rosenberg wrote:
>I've looked at it, and tinkered with it, and there is nothing elegant
>or intuitive about it.   This not like any other artificial language.
>
>Seriously folks, there has to be a point where the purists
>get real and stop arguing about the future of Ant on the basis
>of mis-directed principal.

So far your the only one who believes it is misguided. You are also the
most ignorant and have the least experience with Ant and other build
processes - is this telling you something ? ;) If you want to add
procedural elements feel free to. I doubt you will get CVS space here -
mainly as it is a different project from Ant - but sourceforge.org will
host it. I think you will find that most of these elements will be rarely
useful outside small builds thou.

Remember opensource is about scratching what itches - you found an itch so
scratch it. There is little point in repeatedly saying the same thing over
as you will just get ignored.

Cheers,

Pete