ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <Nico.Sees...@epost.de>
Subject Re: Ant "templates"
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2001 07:27:14 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "David Dabbs" <ddabbs@zefer.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2001 3:38 AM
Subject: Ant "templates"

> Just after I sent out the prior FYI regarding Ant & the Netbeans IDEI
> discovered that they have already implemented 'better templates' for the
> upcoming version. See below.

If they have not changed everything (and I remember correctly)...

The templates they refer to are "only" templates (as in Word or other
text-processing software). You can use them once and fill them out with your
particular contents. The templates asked for on ant-dev are just more
complex as they should be used on run-time and can be changed for existing
build-files without touching the build-file itself.

As I have said - they may have changed this to something more complex for
Netbeans but I don't think so, really :-(

Nico