BugRat Report # 343

Project: Ant Release: 1.2
Category: Feature Requests SubCategory: Enhancement
Class: swbug State: received
Confidence: public

Submitter: _Anonymous ( anonymous-bug@cortexity.com )
Date Submitted: Nov 4 2000, 10:19:58 CST
Responsible: Z_Ant Alias ( ant-bugs@cortexity.com )

Synopsis:
Ant fails to verify class with static initializer code during rmic task
Environment: (jvm, os, osrel, platform)
1.2.2, win2K, non SP1, windows

Additional Environment Description:

Report Description:
Don't know exactly if this is considerable as a bug: I have a class with static initializer code that depends on previous assignment of a system property: so, when the "verify" part of the rmic task loads the class in order to decide whether it should be rmi-compiled, the initializer is executed, and a ExceptionInInitializerError is thrown, thus stopping the build (build failed). I think this exception should be silently catched (or at least signaled without stopping the build).

View this report online...