ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Glenn McAllister" <gle...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Nasty gotcha with new <delete>
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:11:17 GMT

The rational behind using separate dir and file attributes is to make what
you are trying to delete explicit.  Admitedly, the number of times you are
likely to delete a directory instead of a file are limited, however it can
happen.  Also, we were trying to keep things consistent with the <copy> and
<move> tasks, where the possible abiguity of whether something is a file or
directory is unacceptable.

Glenn McAllister

Please respond to ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org; Please respond to
      "corey@kelman.com" <corey@kelman.com>