ant-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ken Wood <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Release Plan Ant 1.2
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 13:51:59 GMT
Well, since I normally wait a day or two after
commits of interest to me (to see if problems
are reported) I have'nt gotten the version
with Glenn's consolidation. 

Glenn, did the copy empty directories make it in? I know
you said you couldn't get to all features...
I'd personally like to see this in the release, but
I don't think we should hold up the release if
just for one attribute...

Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Hi,
> I think we have all major things in place for Ant 1.2 - I'd rather not
> include anything with regard to extension tasks than something that
> might be obsolete soon after the release.
> Instead of telling people "wait for Ant 1.2" I'd really love to tell
> them to upgrade 8^), so what about the following:
> (1) Call a feature freeze (I'd say call it right now, but maybe
> somebody is holding back a feature that really, really should be
> included).
> (2) Make the release. I'd love to see this happen before ApacheCon (so
> I don't get asked about the release date too often 8^) - what about
> October, 16th (morning, central european summer time)?
> Is there something missing, that we should include?  I'd consider
> making jikes work even on long command lines a bug fix, not an added
> feature.
> Should we announce the feature freeze (and label the nightly builds
> beta) so we might get bug reports from a broader community?
> Stefan

View raw message