The latest CVS seem to have very different code.
-----Original Message-----
From: crisco@ratedg.com [mailto:crisco@ratedg.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2000 1:07 PM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Setting basedir seems broken now

David,

I had a problem similar to this, and I was able to resolve it by referencing the parent directory.  So long as you can guarantee that you will always run the buildfile from c:\qdsdev\bin (probably through a batch file), you might be able to use this:
<project name="qds" default="apps" basedir="..">

I can't guarantee that it will work, but I think your base directory will probably become C:\qdsdev because now...
baseD = "C:\qdsdev\bin\.."
...which should resolve to "C:\qdsdev"

I hope this helps.

--Chris Povirk