BugRat Report # 77

Project: Ant Release: ANT 1.1
Category: Bug Report SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug State: received
Confidence: public

Submitter: Randy Moore ( jrmoore@fgm.com )
Date Submitted: Sep 7 2000, 07:36:25 CDT
Responsible: Z_Ant Alias ( ant-bugs@cortexity.com )

Synopsis:
Javac always compiles .java files
Environment: (jvm, os, osrel, platform)
SUN JDK 1.2.2, MS NT 4.0, SP6, DELL 750MHZ P3

Additional Environment Description:
System classpath is identical to internal classpath.

Report Description:
I got the impression from the Ant user manual that the java files would only be compiled, if the .java files were newer than their corresponding .class files. In fact it appears that the files get compiled every time. I am running on the same machine as the files, so there shouldn't be any clock synch problems. Am I doing something wrong, or does Ant still have some bugs in it? Included is my build.xml file:

How To Reproduce:
null

Workaround:
null