ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: In Regards to Report #77
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2000 16:03:27 GMT

 RM> <property name="srcDir" value="${srcDrive}/disa_projects/com/fgm/xmlreg/parser"
/>
 RM> <property name="buildDir" value="${buildDrive}/Cfusion/Java/classes" />

Ant will not look into the individual .java files it find but try to
determine the package they reside in from the filename.

In your case, if it finds a class

${srcDrive}/disa_projects/com/fgm/xmlreg/parser/A.java

it will assume it lives in the default package (as it finds it
directly in the source dir) and expects the corresponding A.class file
to be

${buildDrive}/Cfusion/Java/classes/A.class

given the directory names I guess it really should be the package
com.fgm.xmlreg.parser - which Ant will guess as well if you set srcDir
to be ${srcDrive}/disa_projects.

If my assumption is correct, Ant will never find the .class files in
your current setup and therefore compile all files all the time.

Stefan