ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <JFernan...@viquity.com>
Subject Redirecting output and background processes
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2000 21:59:48 GMT
Hi,

here are two more things to my ANT whish list:

1) add an attribute for <echo> to write to a file. Or have an <writefile>
task.
    the idea is to be able to create small files based on the values of
different properties.

2) Add an attribute to the <exec> task to allow the process to run in the
background,
    independently of ANT. This will mean to cal a script with "&" in UNIX or
use the
    "start" command on Windows. I do not know for other OSs like MacOS, etc.

Does any one has a good idea on how to achieve (2) or how much is necessary
to change on the script files used by <exec> today?

Jose Alberto