ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <JFernan...@viquity.com>
Subject RE: Factory method needed for Javac taskdef?
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2000 18:03:09 GMT
I can see such a functionality very usefull in quite a few tasks:
 	1) javac
	2) ejb (There are more than one container after all)
	3) jdk dependant tasks

In particular for (3) today we do all kinds of upside down magic
and rely on the least common denominator to get this task to work,
with some factoty mechanism, we could have different flavors of the
same task based on the abilities of the JDK.

But that would imply at least more syntax for <taskdef> and
maybe also changing the way the core tasks get loaded.

Jose Alberto