ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: GUI for Ant
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2000 01:07:06 GMT
At 09:37  26/9/00 +0200, you wrote:

> PD> Now projects like Anhill and jBoss have authours who release
> PD> under the GPL.  However as the authors choose to brake the
> PD> license themselves (Anthill will include ant or use ant which
> PD> brakes GPL
>
>Didn't know GPL forbids the use of BSD-like licensed code (or is it
>the "advertising clause" of the ASL). Any pointers to where I can find
>info on this?

GPL code forbids usage of any non-GPL code that isn't GPL compatable unless
it is "system components". The advertising clause makes APL not compatable
because it takes away a freedom RMS believes people should have - I think
he terms the clause "the arrogance of fools" or some such thing.

Cheers,

Pete