ant-dev mailing list archives

From gle...@ca.ibm.com
Subject RE: Cascading build.xml files
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2000 13:22:30 GMT

That's true in the 1.1 release, but in the CVS version, the property
subelements of the ant task will override any existing properties in both
the parent project and the subproject.  Someone on the ant-user list (my
appologies for not remembering who) discovered this behaviour, and it was
verified in a fairly recent CVS version.  So far, the consensus is to leave
this behaviour alone and not change it back to the 1.1 style, but there
really hasn't been much discussion.

Glenn McAllister
TID - Software Developer - VisualAge for Java
IBM Toronto Lab, (416) 448-3805