ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Scotte Zinn" <sz...@patronix.com>
Subject RE: Cascading build.xml files
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2000 22:01:07 GMT
I'm using a system like this.  I have a master Build.xml that knows how to
build all of the subprojects and contains the dependencies between the
projects.  I then have a Build.xml for each of the projects that can build
that project.

I have also set it up such that I can build from the sub-project Build.xml
which will, in turn, do a target in the root Build.xml to build just the
project I started with (but it will build all of the required projects).

I am new to Ant so this might not be the best way to do it, but it serves my
environment.

-- Scotte

-----Original Message-----
From: Leonardo Junquera [mailto:leoj@followup.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2000 3:07 PM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Cascading build.xml files

I'm trying to determine how best to use ant in projects with multiple
sub-components.  I was thinking of a master build.xml file that calls xml
files in the sub directories of my projects.  Is anybody else building
projects like this?  Would I simply call the exec command for that sub
directory?  Thanks in advance.