ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: <javac /> and autocopy
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2000 12:21:03 GMT

 EB> I'm going slighty mad with this.  Is there a cache or anything
 EB> like this between ant runs ?

No but I've seen strange caching problems in setups similar to
yours. Windows Explorer (win98 in my case) would show a wrong
modification time of files sitting on a Linux+Samba server even hours
after I changed them - and notepad showed the old version as well.

I never figured out who was the culprit, just solved it the Windows
way (aka reboot - I didn't reboot the the Linux machine of
course). After that everything went fine for some time - so I doubt
Samba is to blame.

 EB> In fact, for a tree dir like this:

 EB> src/
 EB>    a/
 EB>       b/
 EB>          c/
 EB>          d/
 EB>          e/
 EB>       f/
 EB>          h/
 EB>          i/
 EB>          j/
 EB> tmp/

Assuming <javac src="src/a/b" dest="tmp" ...> and <javac src="src/a/f"
dest="tmp" ...> with your java classes living in packages like a.f.h,
right?

Then

tmp/
   a/
      f/
         h/*.class
         i/*.class
         j/*.class
   h/package.html
   i/package.html
   j/package.html

is what you should expect to happen. The structure a/f/h is generated
by javac due to your package declaration, while the path of the
utility files relative to the src attribute is h/package.html not
a/f/h/package.html.

Stefan