ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Core Task spec 0.1
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2000 07:54:40 GMT

 sr> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
 >> In fact Ant already adds some kind of meaning to id attributes of
 >> targets/tasks/nested elements via Project.addReference, so the
 >> basics for adding/retrieving richer objects by name are there.

 sr> Something that will need to be carefully rethought if we defer
 sr> the creation of objects from XML until their use.

Yes, this will certainly be easier with the proxy approach than
reverting to DOM and parsing the subtree later.

 sr> A simple example: instead of naming the basedir for the jar task,
 sr> instructing Ant to use the destdir on a specified javac task.

Sounds like we are going to add a lot of getters to the existing tasks
8^). No problem with that.

Stefan