ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim O'Brien" <tmobr...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: proposing TaskUtil.java
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:30:44 GMT
Stefan,

Will setFile( File ), be able to handle multiple files?  How would ProjectHelper know if the
attribute contained a String or a File?

Why not just stay with strings and let Task designers decide what to do with property strings
at set time?  It seems like this is the most flexible design, but it necessitates some common
functions, one of which is already available in Project.resolveFile().   Another function
that there is already a need for is a parseMultiple() function to resolve multiple string
inputs.

Tim O'Brien
tobrien@ieee.org