ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Vitaly Stulsky" <vitaly_stul...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Generic tasks for idl2java, javac ... (was Re: A question about "available" ...)
Date Fri, 19 May 2000 09:13:15 GMT
> We might also need a "package" option to specify with Java package
> to place the stubs and skeletons in.

I've thought about it. But I didn't find correspond property in the idlj from
JDK 1.3
and decided to exclude this property from initial proposal.
IDL compiler from my ORB support such option, but in my project I decided
to avoid it usage. I prefer to specify packages directly in the IDL. Of course,
exist cases when better to specify the package where you want to store stubs
and skeletons during compilation.

I think to decide we need to explore how much idl compilers support this option.
If count of idl compilers, which support specifying package during compilation
more
than 50% of overall wide-spread compilers we have to include this option into
the standard option set.

Vitaly