ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jorgen Thelin <ant-...@sw-technologies.com>
Subject Re: Why "**" in includes???
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2000 23:00:42 GMT

<SNIP>
>There is one "shorthand", if a pattern ends with '/' or '\', then
>'**' is appended. E.g. "mypackage/test/" is interpreted as were it
>"mypackage/test/**".

For the example of:

>> <jar .....  includes="org"/>

where org is-a directory, would it not be more consistent (with the
likes of the jar command line usage, for example) if the '**' pattern
was also appended in this case to match everything under that directory?

That would certainly be the behaviour I would have expected from a
simple reading of this build file, even after I read the manual!

- Jorgen

| Software Technologies  ----:----  http://www.SwTech.com/ |
| ----------->  One-stop Developer Reference  <----------- |
| Technical reference for professional software developers |