xml-axkit-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Schindl <tomAtLi...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: AxKit2 Strawman
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 17:41:45 GMT
Hi Kip,

I admit I like the idea of using MP2 filters. I haven't really looked at
your code but what do you think we would gain when using filters for the
pipeline model? How does this go together with the concept of changing
the pipeline model?

My personal view of AxKit2 looks like the following:
* AxKit2 is a input/output filter handler
* AxKit2-Input-Filter-Engine (=AxKit1 Plugins) is *one* Input-Filter
* AxKit2-Output-Filter-Engine (=AxKit1 Processors) is *one*
   Output-Filter
* AxKit2-Output-Transformers(=AxAddOutputTransformer) adds
   Output-Filters

I don't see any big advantage to design the axkit-pipeline as
input/output filters. Another big advantage when AxKit2 is a mp2-filter
is that the response handler could be any PerlResponse-handler which
would at least contradict somehow the importance of XSP, doesn't it?

Tom