xml-axkit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Chamberlain <michael.chamberl...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: Send-Ahead
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2003 15:22:46 GMT

On Friday, October 3, 2003, at 08:56  am, Jörg Walter wrote:

> This is one possibility I have thought about, but it feels a lot like
> ye
> olde sandwich templates would be resurrected for the last step. Feel
> free to
> (verbally) prove me wrong, however.

Yeah, it would be a sandwich template. (would have to be if your using
dom/xslt for your middle bit). But it would be pipeline configurable,
so you could do different ones for different pages, and it could call
the pipeline multiple times if you wanted to use xslt in a less chunky
way.

Apache2 should also handle it nicely.

> One idea I had was to use a pure SAX pipeline. Online discussions have
> resulted in the idea to provide a get_sax method in addition to
> get_dom and
> get_strref. get_sax would be a little bit different, as it wouldn't
> really
> "get" anything, but pass the own SAX hander to theupstream SAX
> handler, so
> that both modules can connect as a plain old SAX pipeline. That
> pipeline is
> easily capable of send-ahead, since it processes one element at a
> time. If
> we get a decent language module which exploits this behaviour (in
> contrast
> to "collect all events, build a DOM, ..."), that would be a feasible
> way to
> do it. I don't recall it off the top of my head, but aren't there SAX
> transformation modules that are used much like a stripped-down XSLT?

That's also possible. :)

Mike.