xml-axkit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Chamberlain <michael.chamberl...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: Send-Ahead
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 18:09:46 GMT

On Thursday, October 2, 2003, at 03:32  pm, Robin Berjon wrote:

> Jörg Walter wrote:
>> My question: how can AxKit accomplish (something similar to) that?
>> My only idea so far would be to use a classic sandwich-template
>> system and integrate AxKit through Apache::Filter. Which would mostly
>> defy the reason to use AxKit. Send-Ahead is only useful for
>> noncacheable resources.
>> Please tell me your ideas, they may be a bit academic, hard to
>> implement, or not possible right now, still I'd like to hear them.
>
> Well the problem here would be that you can't know what headers to
> send before the last transformation (since it might affect at least
> the mime type), and since the last transform returns its content as a
> whole (as opposed to progressively outputting it) I'm not sure how
> much you'd gain by sending the headers a little bit earlier than we do
> now. Or have I misunderstood the issue?

Thinking about it in relation to my pipeline stuff, it might be
possible if we insist it's the last
thing in the transformation list. Since it gets called in reverse it's
the first thing called.

We just have to ensure the last thing in the pipeline is a
Pipeline::Sender or such, if one exists
do nothing, if not add an axkit standard one. Then you just make your
send ahead thing a
inherit from pipeline::sender....

Mike.