xml-axkit-dev mailing list archives

From Sean McMurray <smcmur...@cpan.org>
Subject ContentProvider invoked twice per request
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 22:26:20 GMT
I've noticed that perl CGI scripts that are executed through the
Apache::AxKit::Provider::CGI ContentProvider don't have access to the
query string params. Using CGI, etc. returns blank.

So I figured I would capture them in the Provider, and pass them into
the CGI script.

While implementing this, I found that the get_strref() sub in my
Provider is getting called twice. The first time through, $self is an
Apache object, and the params get passed into the CGI script just right.
The second time through, $self is an AxKit::Apache object, and things
break down.

Why is it called twice? That seems very inefficient. And why is it a
different class each time? What have I missed?