xml-axkit-dev mailing list archives

From Robin Berjon <ro...@knowscape.com>
Subject Re: Send-Ahead
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 14:32:26 GMT
Jörg Walter wrote:
> My question: how can AxKit accomplish (something similar to) that?
>
> My only idea so far would be to use a classic sandwich-template system and
> integrate AxKit through Apache::Filter. Which would mostly defy the reason to
> use AxKit. Send-Ahead is only useful for noncacheable resources.
>
> Please tell me your ideas, they may be a bit academic, hard to implement, or
> not possible right now, still I'd like to hear them.

Well the problem here would be that you can't know what headers to send before
the last transformation (since it might affect at least the mime type), and
since the last transform returns its content as a whole (as opposed to
progressively outputting it) I'm not sure how much you'd gain by sending the
headers a little bit earlier than we do now. Or have I misunderstood the issue?