xml-axkit-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Walter <ehrl...@ich.bin.kein.hoschi.de>
Subject Re: XSP caching
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 16:38:13 GMT
On Friday, 07. March 2003 17:27, Pavel Penchev wrote:

> 2) The namespace info should be shared between apache processes - is shared
> memory and option? Will it break the current architecture? If it is a
> problem a flat file (Apache::Session like) can be used.

Shared mem is an option, but a nonportable option. Moreover, file access is
intelligently cached on today's Unices, so file access (using mmap() on
systems that have it) is as good. In fact, some selfmade benchmarking of
mmap() and sysv-shmem showed that sysv-shmem is a lot slower on linux. I'd
look on CPAN for some existing module in this direction, I bet there is one.

--
CU
  Joerg

PGP Public Key at http://ich.bin.kein.hoschi.de/~trouble/public_key.asc
PGP Key fingerprint = D34F 57C4 99D8 8F16 E16E  7779 CDDC 41A4 4C48 6F94