xml-axkit-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Walter <ehrl...@ich.bin.kein.hoschi.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-axkit/lib/Apache/AxKit/Language XSP.pm
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 12:12:43 GMT
On Tuesday, 05. March 2002 12:41, you wrote:

> Yes, that's what I was thinking too. I'm just not sure right now if SAX is
> a good way to go for XSP, since I honestly think it would be slower for
> us.

Depends on how you use it. I guess most people are just fine with a DOM-based
implementation, because they are generating one web page's worth of XML. The
DOM is already there, so XSLT will start up faster. Perhaps some day people
will start using XSP for large database retrieval?
But then again, virtually every AxKit-generated content goes through XSLT or
XPS, which would at least defy the memory saving effect (correct me if I'm
wrong). So I would agree to your doubts, web-centric XML processing won't get
that large soon. We should place that 'no attr after child elements'
restriction anyways.

--
CU
	Joerg

PGP Public Key at http://ich.bin.kein.hoschi.de/~trouble/public_key.asc
PGP Key fingerprint = D34F 57C4 99D8 8F16 E16E  7779 CDDC 41A4 4C48 6F94