xml-axkit-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Walter <ehrl...@ich.bin.kein.hoschi.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-axkit/lib/Apache/AxKit/Language XSP.pm
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 11:36:37 GMT
On Tuesday, 05. March 2002 11:26, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> It's also on my todo list, so do let me know. I want it completely

Of course.

> separated as a SAX handler (and have a Filter included in the package,
> that just serializes the resulting DOM). Alternatively I want it entirely
> SAX (so that the code generated is just SAX, but that's a lot harder to do
> given that you can't create attributes after the fact with SAX).

I think you could possibly do that. Look at XSLT, they forbid creating
attributes after child elements have been created, and all the XSLT's out
there get along just fine with this limitation. So a minimal buffering of
node information until the first child node is encountered would suffice,
IMHO.

--
CU
	Joerg

PGP Public Key at http://ich.bin.kein.hoschi.de/~trouble/public_key.asc
PGP Key fingerprint = D34F 57C4 99D8 8F16 E16E  7779 CDDC 41A4 4C48 6F94