sis-commits mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Martin Desruisseaux (Jira)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (SIS-483) Some CoordinateOperation created from EPSG database get wrong name/identifier/remarks
Date Sun, 08 Dec 2019 16:37:00 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SIS-483?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Martin Desruisseaux updated SIS-483:
------------------------------------
    Description: 
Calls to {{CRS.findOperation(sourceCRS, targetCRS)}} sometime produces a {{CoordinateOperation}}
with wrong metadata (name, identifiers, remarks, scope). For example requesting an operation
from EPSG::4202 to EPSG::4283 should produce the following operation (when there is no NTv2
datum shift grid available):
{noformat}
CoordinateOperation["AGD66 to GDA94 (19)",
  SourceCRS[GeodeticCRS["AGD66", (...snip...)],
  TargetCRS[GeodeticCRS["GDA94", (...snip...)],
  Method["Coordinate Frame rotation (geog2D domain)"], (...snip...)],
  OperationAccuracy[0.5],
  Scope["Recommended for mid-accuracy use in A.C.T. 1m accuracy."],
  Area["Australia - Australian Capital Territory."],
  BBox[-35.93, 148.76, -35.12, 149.40],
  Id["EPSG", 5827, "9.7", URI["urn:ogc:def:coordinateOperation:EPSG:9.7:5827"]],
  Remark["Replaces nationally-derived transformation code 1458."]]
{noformat}
But we get instead the name _"Ellipsoidal 2D CS. Axes: longitude, latitude. Orientations:
east, north. UoM: degree"_ together with identifier and remarks of EPSG::6424 coordinate system.
The accuracy, scope, area and bounding box are lost. The bug is in {{EPSGDataAccess}} where
metadata are accidentally overwritten before we finished to construct the {{CoordinateOperation}}.
This bug affects only metadata; the coordinate operation parameters are unaffected so the
numerical results of coordinate operations should be the same.

  was:
Calls to {{CRS.findOperation(sourceCRS, targetCRS)}} sometime produces a {{CoordinateOperation}}
with wrong metadata (name, identifiers, remarks, scope). For example requesting an operation
from EPSG::4202 to EPSG::4283 should produce the following operation:

{noformat}
CoordinateOperation["AGD66 to GDA94 (19)",
  SourceCRS[GeodeticCRS["AGD66", (...snip...)],
  TargetCRS[GeodeticCRS["GDA94", (...snip...)],
  Method["Coordinate Frame rotation (geog2D domain)"], (...snip...)],
  OperationAccuracy[0.5],
  Scope["Recommended for mid-accuracy use in A.C.T. 1m accuracy."],
  Area["Australia - Australian Capital Territory."],
  BBox[-35.93, 148.76, -35.12, 149.40],
  Id["EPSG", 5827, "9.7", URI["urn:ogc:def:coordinateOperation:EPSG:9.7:5827"]],
  Remark["Replaces nationally-derived transformation code 1458."]]
{noformat}

But we get instead the name _"Ellipsoidal 2D CS. Axes: longitude, latitude. Orientations:
east, north. UoM: degree"_ together with identifier and remarks of EPSG::6424 coordinate system.
The accuracy, scope, area and bounding box are lost. The bug is in {{EPSGDataAccess}} where
metadata are accidentally overwritten before we finished to construct the {{CoordinateOperation}}.
This bug affects only metadata; the coordinate operation parameters are unaffected so the
numerical results of coordinate operations should be the same.



> Some CoordinateOperation created from EPSG database get wrong name/identifier/remarks
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SIS-483
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SIS-483
>             Project: Spatial Information Systems
>          Issue Type: Task
>          Components: Referencing
>    Affects Versions: 1.0
>            Reporter: Martin Desruisseaux
>            Assignee: Martin Desruisseaux
>            Priority: Major
>             Fix For: 1.1
>
>
> Calls to {{CRS.findOperation(sourceCRS, targetCRS)}} sometime produces a {{CoordinateOperation}}
with wrong metadata (name, identifiers, remarks, scope). For example requesting an operation
from EPSG::4202 to EPSG::4283 should produce the following operation (when there is no NTv2
datum shift grid available):
> {noformat}
> CoordinateOperation["AGD66 to GDA94 (19)",
>   SourceCRS[GeodeticCRS["AGD66", (...snip...)],
>   TargetCRS[GeodeticCRS["GDA94", (...snip...)],
>   Method["Coordinate Frame rotation (geog2D domain)"], (...snip...)],
>   OperationAccuracy[0.5],
>   Scope["Recommended for mid-accuracy use in A.C.T. 1m accuracy."],
>   Area["Australia - Australian Capital Territory."],
>   BBox[-35.93, 148.76, -35.12, 149.40],
>   Id["EPSG", 5827, "9.7", URI["urn:ogc:def:coordinateOperation:EPSG:9.7:5827"]],
>   Remark["Replaces nationally-derived transformation code 1458."]]
> {noformat}
> But we get instead the name _"Ellipsoidal 2D CS. Axes: longitude, latitude. Orientations:
east, north. UoM: degree"_ together with identifier and remarks of EPSG::6424 coordinate system.
The accuracy, scope, area and bounding box are lost. The bug is in {{EPSGDataAccess}} where
metadata are accidentally overwritten before we finished to construct the {{CoordinateOperation}}.
This bug affects only metadata; the coordinate operation parameters are unaffected so the
numerical results of coordinate operations should be the same.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.3.4#803005)

Mime
View raw message